Tuesday, October 11, 2016

We are His Workmanship Created for Good Works in Christ

Ephesians 2:10 WEB For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared before that we would walk in them.
 
     I love this verse. There are many Christians that feel like after they have done their duty of going to church that there is nothing more for them to do. The rest of the week they are trying to be good people, do a good job at work, be a good husband or wife, or be a good parent.
     The Bible says that there is much more to the Christian life. Each one of us has been made by God for His purpose, not our own plans. Last week I listened to a man that said that 98% of people just fall into a job and do it all their life, most of the time without liking what they are doing. These people just exist and if they are Christians not sure what the life of Christ living in them means. The other 2% find life exciting and fulfilling because they are doing what they were meant to do in life.
     God can make even a boring job exciting. I had a job soon after I got married working for a print shop. I wanted to share the gospel with people but was scared to speak up. Even though I was scared I spoke up anyway. Soon some people that worked there started bringing their Bibles to work and asking me questions about the Bible. I was able to answer their questions and encourage them in their walk with the Lord. This made that job worth my time.
     It is important that what ever we do in life and especially in our jobs that we let people know that we are Christians and love people to Christ. Many people see us condemning unsaved sinners more than they see us loving people the way that Jesus has called us to do. We need to find out what those good works are that we were created for and do them with a loving heart. Many times we miss the abundant life that the Bible says we will have because we don't walk into those good works.

Feel free to leave me some feedback.

Bruce Isom
    


 

No comments:

Post a Comment